This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you looking for the Best Benchtop Lathe. You are in the right place. Our team went through about 64000 reviews available online for Benchtop Lathe. We chose the finest ones, and prepared this list for you.
Comparison Chart of Top 10 Benchtop Lathe
|1||XtremepowerUS 1/2HP 4 Speed 40" inch Power Wood Turning Lathe (14" x 40") Benchtop Wood Lathe Adjustable Speed||9.8||Buy On Amazon|
|2||RIKON Power Tools 70-105 10" x 18" 1/2 hp Mini Lathe||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|3||Grizzly Industrial G0602-10" x 22" Benchtop Metal Lathe||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|4||Mophorn Metal Lathe 7 x 12 Inch||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|5||WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8" by 12" Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|6||Mophorn Wood Lathe 8" x 12"||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|7||SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|8||WEN 33013 4.5A Variable Speed Single Phase Compact Benchtop Milling Machine with R8 Taper||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|9||Benchtop 14" Variable Speed Wood Lathe w/induction motor||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
|10||PSI Woodworking KWL-1018VS Turncrafter Commander 10" Variable Speed Midi Lathe||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
Benchtop Lathe Reviews
We have checked about 64000 reviews for benchtop lathe. It was quite difficult to shortlist the ideal ones from thousands of variants online. However, we've tried our best to make sure that you get only the best one from our suggestions.
Table Of Content:
- XtremepowerUS 1/2HP 4 Speed 40" inch Power Wood Turning Lathe Benchtop Wood Lathe Adjustable Speed...
- RIKON Power Tools 70-105 10" x 18" 1/2 hp Mini Lathe
- Grizzly Industrial G0602-10" x 22" Benchtop Metal Lathe
- Mophorn Metal Lathe 7 x 12 Inch, Precision Mini Metal Lathe 2250 RPM 400W Variable Speed, Mini Lathe Precision...
- WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8" by 12" Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe
- Mophorn Wood Lathe 8" x 12",Benchtop Wood Lathe Variable Speed 500-3200RPM,Mini Wood Lathe for Wood Processing...
- SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe
- WEN 33013 4.5A Variable Speed Single Phase Compact Benchtop Milling Machine with R8 Taper
- Benchtop 14" Variable Speed Wood Lathe w/induction motor
- PSI Woodworking KWL-1018VS Turncrafter Commander 10" Variable Speed Midi Lathe
1. XtremepowerUS 1/2HP 4 Speed 40″ inch Power Wood Turning Lathe (14″ x 40″) Benchtop Wood Lathe Adjustable Speed
- Perfect for Home Use – Complete accessories, the lathe is compact, allowing fit in tight space, which can be perfectly set at your house to do some wood pattern projects & handwork, such as straight fluting, grooving, drilling, layout, & much more.
- 4 Speeds Adjustable – Designed with adjustable 4 speeds: 1100/1600/2300/3400-RPM, you can tackle various projects with different needs, contributing to power saving and better accomplishment and the 1/2HP setting is powerful.
- Great Working Space – With 40″ inches distance between the center, the lathe give you enough space to do wood work while maintaining a low profile on your workbench, allowing you work with larger pieces for great handiwork.
- Solid & Steady Frame – Made of solid steel, the frame is steady & strong enough to make your machine stable, which can hold your wood projects.
- Accessory Options for Versatility – With several accessories available to customize the lathe, you can tailor it to fit your different needs.
2. RIKON Power Tools 70-105 10″ x 18″ 1/2 hp Mini Lathe
- Rikon mini lathe: This Rikon mini lathe features a ½ motor that provides ample power for all turning needs.
- Sturdy and Dedicated: Designed specifically at the request of pen turners who wanted a sturdy, dedicated machine for their craft.
- 5 speed ranger: This mini lathe has a 5 speed range that covers the bases for boring barrel holes, roughing out pen billets, turning to shape and finishing.
- Includes: This lathe includes a live center, tool rest, knock-out bar, and wrenches.
3. Grizzly Industrial G0602-10″ x 22″ Benchtop Metal Lathe
- Swing over bed: 9-1/2″
- Swing over cross slide: 6-1/8″
- Distance between centers: 22″
- Spindle bore: 25mm
- Spindle thread: 1-3/4″ x 8 TPI
4. Mophorn Metal Lathe 7 x 12 Inch
- Sturdy Iron Construction: The mini metal lathe bed is made of high-grade iron.
- Infinitely Variable Speed: Variable speed from 50-2250 RPM.
- Accurate 3-jaw Chuck: 3-jaw self-centering chuck for setting materials steadily.
- Professional Compound Rest: The mini metal lathe quick change tool post can achieve positions of internal cutting, face cutting, and bevel cutting by changing the tool post angle and adjusting the compound rest.
- Wide Application: Home workshop-friendly size.
5. WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8″ by 12″ Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe
- Perfect for pens, bowls, cups, chess pieces, and other small workpieces
- Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
- 3.2-Amp motor provides over 50% more power than most 8-inch wood lathes
- Adjust the soft start variable speed motor anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM
- Features a 2.
6. Mophorn Wood Lathe 8″ x 12″
- 1/3 Horse Power Motor: 1/3 Horse Power motor, turning speed 4500RPM, Voltage: 110V.
- Unrivaled Speed Control: Turning speed control knob clockwise or counterclockwise to adjust speed freely within 500-3200 RPM.
- Unrivaled Speed Control: 12″ (305mm) distance between centers, swing over bed 8″ (203mm).
- Cast Iron Construction: Cast iron constructed wood lathes for durability and strength, providing increased stability and smooth operation.
- Professional Tool Rests: Moving the lock lever to adjust or replace the tool rest.
7. SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe
- Motor: 1/3 HP, 2 Amp, 110V, Single-phase, 60 Hz
- 12-inch distance between centers
- 8-inch swing over bed
- Cast iron construction and infinitely variable speed control
- Includes two tool rests
8. WEN 33013 4.5A Variable Speed Single Phase Compact Benchtop Milling Machine with R8 Taper
- Variable speed goes anywhere from 100 to 1,100 RPM on the low setting and 100 to 2,500 RPM on the high setting.
- 18-1/8 x 4-3/4 inch table travels 11-13/16 inches along the X-axis and 5-1/8 inches along the Y-axis
- Bevel the head and column 45 degrees in either direction for angled cuts in metal, wood, plastic and more.
- Compact cast iron design measures in at 23-1/4 by 22 by 29-1/2 inches in size with an 8-1/2 by 15 inch foot print.
- Includes an R8 spindle taper, a pre-installed drill chuck (1/32 to 1/2 inch), fine-tune adjustment hand wheels, a transparent chuck guard, an emergency stop button, onboard measurement indicators, a 13-inch swing, two M10-1.
9. Benchtop 14″ Variable Speed Wood Lathe w/induction motor
- Wahuda Tools has listened to many people’s suggestions and integrated the most desirable features into our 14” Midi Lathe.
- The exceptional 1HP AC motor that is perfectly paired with an inverter that maintains a higher and more consistent output torque which is not found on most of the competitive models in today’s market This is especially effective when running at speeds as low as 30RPM and maintaining the output torque of the spindle at or near 100% which is beneficial for users who need to work at low speeds to make certain projects.
- The Midi Lathe has three speed ranges (30-800, 150-1,700, and 350-3,700 RPM) which can be easily changed with a quick release lever on the motor to release belt tension.
- Even though this is a bench top lathe, Wahuda uses a 1’’ diameter toolrest which is a common size used on medium and large lathes which allows it to be able to use many of the different toolrests on the market.
10. PSI Woodworking KWL-1018VS Turncrafter Commander 10″ Variable Speed Midi Lathe
- KWL-1018VS replaces TCLC10VS. ETL Listed and certified by Intertek
- Powered by 3/4 hp Variable Speed high performance motor(110V) & an SBC microprocessor.
- Headstock Thread 1″ x 8tpi.
- Tailstock & Spindle Bore 3/8″.
- See Description below for all of the included parts
Benchtop Lathe Buying GuideDoes the thought of finding a great Benchtop Lathe stress you out? Has your mind been juggling between choices when it comes to buying Benchtop Lathe in general, specifically regarding which model to choose?If that’s the case, know that you’re not alone. Many people find it tough to buy the perfect Benchtop Lathe for themselves. We understand the stress associated with the buying process!Since you’re here, you are obviously curious about Benchtop Lathe Reviews. You’ve been bombarded with information, so you need to find a reputable source with credible options before you make any decisions on which product would be best for your needs.There are many sources that’ll provide you with that information- buying guides or ratings websites, word-of-mouth testimonials from friends or family members, online forums where users share their personal experiences, product reviews specifically found all over the internet and YouTube channels. Only thorough research will ensure that you get the right product.But that’s not always easy, right? That's why we've taken time to compile a list of the best Benchtop Lathe in today's market, on your behalf, so that there will be no more worries for you.How did we come up with the list, you ask? How did we create this buying guide?
- First, our algorithms collected as much information available about these products from trusted sources.
- We employed both Artificial Intelligence and large data volume to validate all collected information.
- Then our AI ranked them on their quality-to-price ratio using industry-standard criteria that let us pick the best Benchtop Lathe currently on the market!
- Brand Value: What happens when you go for a not-so-reputable brand just because the price seems cheap? Well, the chance of getting a short-lasting product goes higher. That’s because the renowned brands have a reputation to maintain, others don’t.
- Features: You don’t need heaps of features, but useful ones. We look at the features that matter and choose the top Benchtop Lathe based on that.
- Specifications: Numbers always help you measure the quality of a product in a quantitative way. We try to find products of higher specifications, but with the right balance.
- Customer Ratings: The hundreds of customers using the Benchtop Lathe before you won’t say wrong, would they? Better ratings mean better service experienced by a good number of people.
- Customer Reviews: Like ratings, customer reviews give you actual and trustworthy information, coming from real-world consumers about the Benchtop Lathe they used.
- Seller Rank: Now, this is interesting! You don’t just need a good Benchtop Lathe, you need a product that is trendy and growing in sales. It serves two objectives. Firstly, the growing number of users indicates the product is good. Secondly, the manufacturers will hopefully provide better quality and after-sales service because of that growing number.
- Value For The Money: They say you get what you pay for. Cheap isn’t always good. But that doesn’t mean splashing tons of money on a flashy but underserving product is good either. We try to measure how much value for the money you can get from your Benchtop Lathe before putting them on the list.
- Durability: Durability and reliability go hand to hand. A robust and durable Benchtop Lathe will serve you for months and years to come.
- Availability: Products come and go, new products take the place of the old ones. Probably some new features were added, some necessary modifications were done. What’s the point of using a supposedly good Benchtop Lathe if that’s no longer continued by the manufacturer? We try to feature products that are up-to-date and sold by at least one reliable seller, if not several.
- Negative Ratings: Yes, we take that into consideration too! When we pick the top rated Benchtop Lathe on the market, the products that got mostly negative ratings get filtered and discarded.